The role of the spiritual director is to accompany you on your journey and, through deep listening and spiritual friendship, help you to hear and follow the Divine direction for your life.
Many enjoy the opportunity to reflect with a qualified spiritual director about their life and its events. With an ear tuned to noticing where the Divine or Spirit may be active, these conversations have a way of allowing those "holy nudges" toward a fuller life to become more apparent.
I have had the privilege of serving as a spiritual friend and guide to both clergy and lay alike, meeting with people from a variety of faith traditions (and none at all) since 1998.
What can you expect from Spiritual Direction?
- A deeper and richer personal spirituality.
- A greater sensitivity to and awareness of the presence of the sacred in your life.
- A clearer sense of what you are being called to do and be.
- A sense of the spiritual practices that best help you be responsive to that calling, such as journal writing, prayer and meditation.
- A greater energy and vitality for your work.
- A greater sense of purpose and direction in your life.
Sessions for spiritual guidance generally take place monthly, face-to-face, and last about an hour. Sessions may be held on the telephone as well, to accommodate long-distance clients.
I am deeply rooted in my Christian faith and have taught a weekly Bible study at my church for close to 40 years. I also agree with the statement of Bishop Spong below...